Women United recognizes women who support the United Way of Stanislaus County at the leadership level each year as a member. Women United works to mobilize the power of women to strengthen the lives of women and children in our community. We give, advocate, and volunteer.
From a handful of determined and passionate women, Women United has grown into a national network of some 50,000 members in 120 U.S. communities. Our Annual Power of the Purse has become the most successful fund-raising efforts of its kind. The concept recognizes women as a powerful force. With more members giving more money than any other similar women's group, nationally the United Way Women United has raised in excess of $700 million since its inception. The members of the Women United of the United Way of Stanislaus County are proud to be a part of this effort.
The women of Stanislaus County can - and do - make a difference advocating issues important to them, taking a leadership role in advancing United Way's work, and making a personal financial commitment, focused on women and youth. You can help and make a difference too. If you would like to be a part of the Women United, contact United Way of Stanislaus County at 209.523.4562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facts at a Glance
- National network of 50,000 passionate, caring women dedicated to addressing the most critical needs in 120 local communities across the U.S., by giving, advocating and volunteering.
- Mission is to "mobilize the caring power of women to advance the Common Good in our communities" - members engage hands on in driving change.
- Raised over $700M in contributions in first decade with more members giving more money than any other similar organization.
- Goals focus on education, income, and health depending on local needs; new emphasis on early grade literacy based on members' alarm at latest statistics.
- Members commit to annual contribution of $1,000 to $10,000 (or more) based on community, and actively engage by giving, volunteering, and advocating.
- Goals include putting a major dent in early grade literacy statistics; growing locally; increasing awareness locally and nationally; and expanding internationally.
- Women United is an affinity group of United Way Worldwide.