A dynamic and results-oriented Communications and Brand Manager is key to United Way of Stanislaus County’s (UWSC) commitment to improve education, health, and financial stability results in Stanislaus County. To act on this commitment, UWSC has entered into a partnership with Stanislaus County Focus on Prevention (SCFoP), and has committed to align its grantmaking and other efforts in service of advancing SCFoP’s five results for Stanislaus County families:
- Our families are healthy—physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Our families are supported by strong and safe neighborhoods and communities.
- Our children and young people are getting a first-rate education—from cradle to career.
- Our families are participating in and supported by a healthy economy.
UWSC’s new backbone role for SCFoP provides an extraordinary opportunity for engaging others in a new story about how UWSC is promoting community impact objectives by aligning investments and leveraging resources, including and well beyond those resources raised directly by UWSC.
- Models visionary, adaptive, and collaborative leadership with staff, Board of Directors, and community partners, and promotes a culture that reflects UWSC’s core values of compassion, integrity, transparency, collaboration, and innovation.
- Promotes strong and effective teamwork by engaging staff and others in decision-making as appropriate, and communicating openly and honestly.
- In close partnership with the President/CEO and Vice Presidents, champions robust engagement by Board of Directors, staff, funders, and volunteers in broadcasting a coherent, consistent, and compelling story about UWSC, including its efforts and community impact results.
- Mentors staff to strengthen their performance and leadership skills, including their capacity for effective communication, teamwork, execution of goals and responsibilities, and continuous process improvements.
Working closely with the President/CEO, the Vice-Presidents, and others as appropriate:
- Designs and implements strategies to broaden awareness of UWSC’s and SCFoP’s brand and results, including print and social media communication, the website, and public relations messages to consistently articulate and reinforce UWSC’s and SCFoP’s impact.
- Provide direction and serve as primary editor for all publications, including newsletters, brochures, fliers and the annual impact report.
- Coordinate maintenance of organization’s website and all social media pages.
- Conduct tours, when necessary.
- Manage speaking presentations.
- Brand Management including the review of local publications and online media for mention of UWSC’s and SCFoP’s to be preserved for historical purposes.
- Manage relations with the media, including development of press releases.
- Manage the promotional materials including apparel, story boards, and other materials as needed or assigned.
- Manage marketing needs of the Fund Development and Community Impact Departments and complete tasks as assigned.
- Supervise Marketing Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please click here for full job description and to apply.